Monday, January 14, 2008

How to have your own homeschool evangelism workshop...

This email came into Fish with Trish:

"I saw in your newsletter that you do evangelism training workshops for homeschoolers. How cool! We have a large number of homeschooled kids in our church and my wife homeschools our two oldest kids (8 and 6)...We do have coop events from time to time for the kids, and they usually attract a number of kids...Anyhow, since we live in New Hampshire, I'm thinking it's probably a tad far for you to come and do a workshop, so I was wondering if you wouldn't mind letting me know what you do in your workshops to adapt WOTM for the little guppies, because maybe I could do the workshop!? Any ideas or help would be super. I'd love to see our little ones develop a passion for the lost."

Here is my response:

"As far as what I have done with the evangelism curriculum, here it goes...I tailor it differently for every age (use examples and analogies that are age appropriate) but the content is the same. In other words, I use Hells Best Kept Secret (the most important parts from the message and it usually take me about 20 min.) True and False Conversion (the most important parts from this message about 20 min.) and then I give a 15 minute presentation of how to use tracts (What to do and what not to do)...The entire teaching is usually under an hour but if the students are really in tune with everything (which usually they always are) I will take more time. :-) You can also include a role play! Students really get into this. Then we hit the streets for about an hour."

If you have never taken the time to listen to these two free messages Hells Best Kept Secret and True and False Conversion please do so. They have forever impacted my life.

No comments: