Thursday, July 21, 2011

Do you stuggle with fear or panic attacks? Be sure to read this. Plus Enter to Win a Book!

This past Tuesday night I taught a ladies study on Victory Over Fear and pumped "Overcoming Panic Attacks" (by Ray Comfort) while reading portions from it.

Just when I thought that no one could relate to the subject, one dear lady raised her hand and asked for prayer for her son (7 yrs old) who is struggling immensely with fear. She took a copy of the book home so she could read it with him. Another lady broke down into tears at the end of the study. We prayed for her.

Charles Spurgeon's morning devotional just happened to go hand in hand with the topic of difficulties(see below, bold is mine).

If you are struggling with fear or panic attacks or have simply having a difficult season, rest assured that you are in good company with the rest of God's people. Don't give up and keep pressing on. This too will soon past.

---

Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Morning Meditation
C. H. Spurgeon

"The Lord our God hath shewed us His glory."—Deuteronomy 5:24.

GOD'S great design in all His works is the manifestation of His own glory. Any aim less than this were unworthy of Himself. But how shall the glory of God be manifested to such fallen creatures as we are? Man's eye is not single, he has ever a side glance towards his own honour, has too high an estimate of his own powers, and so is not qualified to behold the glory of the Lord. It is clear, then, that self must stand out of the way, that there may be room for God to be exalted; and this is the reason why He bringeth His people ofttimes into straits and difficulties, that, being made conscious of their own folly and weakness, they may be fitted to behold the majesty of God when He comes forth to work their deliverance. He whose life is one even and smooth path, will see but little of the glory of the Lord, for he has few occasions of self-emptying, and hence, but little fitness for being filled with the revelation of God. They who navigate little streams and shallow creeks, know but little of the God of tempests; but they who "do business in great waters," these see His "wonders in the deep." Among the huge Atlantic-waves of bereavement, poverty, temptation, and reproach, we learn the power of Jehovah, because we feel the littleness of man. Thank God, then, if you have been led by a rough road: it is this which has given you your experience of God's greatness and lovingkindness. Your troubles have enriched you with a wealth of knowledge to be gained by no other means: your trials have been the cleft of the rock in which Jehovah has set you, as He did His servant Moses, that you might behold His glory as it passed by. Praise God that you have not been left to the darkness and ignorance which continued prosperity might have involved, but that in the great fight of affliction, you have been capacitated for the outshinings of His glory in His wonderful dealings with you.

--

Here's What to do to Enter Your Name to WIN a Copy of "Overcoming Panic Attacks" By Ray Comfort:

There are 2 Ways to enter your name in the drawing...

1. For 2 entries, post this give away on your website, blog, or social networking site like Twitter and Facebook.

2. For 1 entry, simply enter your name below (in the comment section) and a way for me to contact you if you win.

Contest ends Sunday, Aug. 14, 2011 at midnight (CST). Open to US residents only.

I will randomly pick 1 name and the winner will be announced later in the day on Monday, Aug. 15, 2011.

16 comments:

Taxandrian said...

The irony is truly rich here: Ray Comfort writing a book on overcoming fear while his favorite strategy to get people to convert is using fear tactics.
And aren't your favorite quotes all about how positive fear is, Trish?

Apart from that: nice sales pitch! Plug the book on your blog, and give away one copy to people who spread the word.
Let the money roll in!

Rebekah said...

I have a friend who is going through this right now. Thanks for the opportunity to get my hands on this resource for her.

Rebekah said...

I have a friend who is experiencing a lot of fear right now. Thank you for an opportunity to get my hands on this resource for her.

vindyk said...

Hi Trish! :)

Veronica
vindyk@metrocast.net

cynthia said...

my son in law could sure use this book. In a million little ways he can use this book. cynthiabdixon@gmail.com

Lori Williams said...

hi trish, would love to add this to our church library that we're creating. so glad its out there! great post.
loriannewill@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I could use this book greatly along with my best friend who struggles with the same fears I do.

mario1395@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I along with a close friend of mine could really use this book as we both struggle with a lot of the same fears.

Anonymous said...

I along with a friend of mine could really use this book as we both struggle with a lot of the same fears.
Maria
mario1395@yahoo.com

noah buddy said...

Fear? You don't need Ray's book to face your fears (whatever they may be).

If you have a phobia of some kind or have panic attacks, it is more recommended that you book an appointment with your friendly neighborhood psychologist.

Remember, priests, pastors, and ministers are no replacement for a professional who has studied, trained and graduated from a university in the field of psychology.

W01F

Azou said...

This book seems to have a misleading title. I highly doubt Ray has any sort of training or education to handle mental health problems.

Beth in NC said...

I was bound by a spirit of fear for many years! I overcame by standing on the Word of God and using it as my sword. Anyone interested can look in my navigation bar: http://mydestinysharinghope.com/

There is freedom in Christ.

Blessings!
Beth

Beth in NC said...

Oops, I just saw that sites with web site links would not be published.

I had left a link to my blog because I have been set free from fear by standing on God's Word. He delivered me from years of panic attacks. Anyone interested can follow my name over to my navigation bar and read my testimony.

There is freedom in Christ.

Bless you!
Beth

Jared said...

Hi, this is Jared,,,, jrdolmer@gmail.com,,, thanks bunch

BullDog said...

About a year ago, I began to have anxiety or panic attacks. I wold get this sense that I was going to die or having a heart attack. Very scary. I dont know why either?

I get them sometimes when in tight quarters or feel restrained. It is just a mind thing though, I just think about something else and it goes away.

Unknown said...

I get panic attacks and have what feels like severe social anxiety. Its awful. :(

xflowahsx [at] gmail.com