Tuesday, June 17, 2014

This email came into the ministry today...may it encourage any of you that are in a similar situation...

Trish,

Have you seen this video by John MacArthur regarding how to respond to an adult child who just came out (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWYAwknMlH4)? After I watched it, it dawned on me that I'm smack dab in the middle of one of the greatest attacks ever on the Bible. It's already been about two months since my daughter came out, but that thought hasn't occurred to me until just now. Wow. 

And MacArthur's response is spot on, and really encouraging. An unbelieving family member told me that I should just love her and "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." I said that I agreed with that, and that's why I'm loving her and telling her the truth. That's what I would want. Oh, and I shared the Gospel with them again too. :-)  After all, love warns. 

Please pray for my daughter.

God bless,
Joy


No comments: